What is it ???

I have a 65' Bug and am trying to figure out what engine is in it. I am sure it has been changed from its 40hp state. Under the generator stand it shows the Encircled VW logo, then it has an F, which is crooked looking like it could have been stamped like that, and the numbers 0460208 to the right of that. I know a 66' model was an F code

1300cc, but being the F is crooked I am wondering about it. It has plenty of power, runs as good or better than my 67' 1500cc Bug. Does anybody have a cross over for the numbers on the block maybe ? Thanks for any help. Terry............
Reply to
Terry

I don't see my number on the list, do you ?

Reply to
Terry

F0 442 242 starts in Dec.1965 F0 521 075 starts in Jan. 1966

| > -- | > Eddie | > 1965 Beetle

Eddie

Does that mean its a 65 engine ?

Reply to
Terry

The '66 model year began in Aug '65. '66 engines were 1300cc SP. One year only (US). Still 6V.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

This same subject came up on ShopTalk:

Speedy Jim