what is the switch under my dash for?

I have a 69 vw bug and i was wondering wut the switch under my dash does? when i flip it it turns on a green light on my speedometer. what is it for? what is it do?

Reply to
69vwdude

That's the factory installed rear window defroster.

In addition to the light in the speedo, the system also has a relay. Originally in an unpainted metal casing, size about half of a matchbox. Located under the rear seat, driver's side. (Well, right side of the vehicle).

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson