What Kind of Wax Stripper Should I Use?

Hi All! Well it is time for me to wax my '73 Beetle again. The old wax looks dingy in some places. I was thinking of wax and grease remover, acetone, or even floor wax stripper. I do not want to use rubbing compound since it removes the paint too. What do you guys use to remove or strip the old wax before applying new wax? Thanks!

Reply to
Sleepy Joe

Bird crap. ;(

Reply to
Michael Cecil

What's wrong with cutting compound? The layer of paint is so small it would take hundreds of applications to cut through.

I cut and polish my '66s paint about every 18 months.

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars/email on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

Do NOT use floor wax stripper. I work with that stuff every day at my job; it is nasty stuff. It will ruin your paint. Just use a very light duty polishing compound.

~Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

If you just want to take wax off before a new application, try dishsoap/water mixture...

Jay

Reply to
Jay McGraw

HHMmmm, only clever/related posts so far..Even with "Stripper" And "Wax" in the header.. What are we coming to..? :0)

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

I thought it, but I decided not to say it out of everyone's best interest. :)

Kidd What's the difference between a northern fairytale and a southern fairytale? A northern fairytale starts out "Once upon a time..." A southern fairytale starts with "Ya'll ain't gonna believe this shit..."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson