Which wax to use?

I own a 2002 Mazda Millenia. I have always been one to take care of my cars. What waxes do you recommend. Meguiars Gold class? Zymol Cleaner Wax? Just
out of curiosity - I know that Meguiars is an American company. Is Zymol? Somewhere I read that it is a german formula?
Thanks in advance,
Randy

It's clearcoated, isn't it? If so, protection is probably more important than bringing out the color, which you can't treat beneath the clearcoat anyway.
On my red Miata (no clearcoat), I like Meguiar's professional-grade Mirror Glaze products: #9 swirl remover followed by #26 liquid yellow wax. If I were pickier about tiny scratches, I'd use the #2 fine-cut cleaner and #7 show car glaze (polish) instead of the swirl remover, but that would mean three passes instead of two, and I'd need to buy--and learn to use--a rotary buffer. As it is, the finish of my 9 year old paint is like cherry hard candy, with breathtaking depth. Longevity of the shine depends on how often the car is washed, but I normally do it twice a year.
In the past, I've used the #6 cleaner wax. It did a good job, but didn't come close to the depth of shine of the separate products, nor last as long.
All the good stuff in the Meguiar's numbered system comes in tan bottles. You probably won't find it at Wal-Mart or AutoZone, but my local Car Quest parts store carries the whole line, and cheaper than ordering online from meguiars.com.
Zymol pro-grade products are about twice as much work to use as Meguiar's, cost more, and don't last very long. Excellent short-term results, though. The consumer-grade Zymol products at Wal-Mart are reportedly not the same thing--more like generic Turtle Wax.
For sheer longevity of protection on clearcoat, it's hard to beat Rain Dance. You won't get that bottomless shine, though.
--
Lanny Chambers, St. Louis, USA
'94C

Well, Lanny. It seems somewhat hard to believe that a car that is washed twice a year, normally, would have cherry hard candy paint. (Good grace!)
Not that I do not believe you, of course, ..., but, don't you have any insects down there in the Mid West??
Leon
--
Leon van Dommelen :) Bozo, the White 96 Sebring Miata .)
REMOVE THE "z"s -> snipped-for-privacy@zmiata.net www.dommelen.net
snipped-for-privacy@zmiata.net (Leon van Dommelen) wrote:

Arrgh! I meant I *wax* the car twice a year. I wash it when it gets too dirty, maybe once a month on average. The car is garaged, and almost never driven in the rain.
--
Lanny Chambers, St. Louis, USA
'94C

cars.