What's this on my 34 pict-3 Carburetor??

Hello - Can anyone help me with solving what this air diaphram thing is on my 34 pict-3 Germany Solex Carburetor? It has an extra adjustment screw like the one you set for the step cam. Any information on this thing, if it is junk, or hints to make it run better, please fill me in. Where to run hoses with an 009. What to blockoff.. etc.. Thanks.

Here's a picture.

Oh also.. see my voltage regulator in the righthand background?? Is it common to be mounted on the shroud, never really seen them like that before. Where would they usually go?? Thanks again.

Reply to
payments338

It's called a "throttle positioner". Used on US cars as an emission control device. You have half of the system. There is another part that was mounted on the engine bay wall I think. But I don't recall seeing them on the 34PICT. Anyway, remove it and block off all vac ports.

The Gen regulator is mounted under the rear seat so that it senses the same ambient air temperature that the battery sees. There is also a LOT less vibration under the seat than on the fan housing...

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Thanks so much, just what I was looking for :)

Speedy Jim wrote:

Reply to
payments338

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com escreveu:

Looks like you also have a 009. Not good with a 34-pict3 or a stock carb.

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu