Whats it cost.

To restore a VW air-cooled these days.

A few scenarios .

A disassembled rolling good body bug. With and without a motor.

One with welded in rust repair panels. that needs assembled and painted. Not running. or with the original motor that was running when it was parked.

A running rust bucket.

A not running rust bucket.

And the very popular. I started to restore it, but realized I'm over my head, but I took it apart . And need to sell it now bug.

Thanks,

Diesel.

Reply to
DogDiesel

Oh yea, Anything dunebuggy / off road style. They kinda scare me . But usually they are running. I figure people start cutting things up when they dont want to spend any money anymore.

Reply to
DogDiesel

KWW

Totally agree with comments re paint KWW. My better half thinks I,m a little odd in insisting I do things myself but at least they are done properly( if slowly!). Like you I rely on others for paint though and I,m sick of paying big money for orange peel, non existent preparation, fading, mismatched colurs, oxidisation.

Reply to
John

Prep work and block sanding is very labor intensive. And that makes or breaks a good paint job.

Reply to
DogDiesel

Reply to
John