When Rednecks drive watercooled

Clicky on the link.

Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

I think I like the grille fashioned out of grocery store shelf hardware even more than the horns. Or the dog behind the wheel.

Those are german plates right? What do they call their rednecks?

Reply to
Seth Graham

Yes. From the Hamburg area.

Reply to
Olli Lammi

Right. Hamburg.

I don't think we have a specific word for this flavour of human being. But we certainly do have the flavour.

Airhowlingly yours, Erik.

Reply to
Erik Meltzer

just after graduating high school, I was gifted with a 10 week vacation in germany. To this day one of the more vivid memories to survive was sharing a train car with two german fellows, who by all appearances, were riding the train for the very first time.

Hootin' and hollerin, red faced, wearing denim coveralls.. it'd be hard to find a more fitting stereotype in America.

I nearly caused an international incident by laughing when the morons were poking their head out the windows, one lost his hat, the other nearly lost his head when another train zoomed past going the other way.

This was down in Bavaria. I've assumed since then that german rednecks came from that region.. do they in fact come from the northern part of the country? ;)

Reply to
Seth Graham

They usually come from any region except the one where the person you're talking to lives. ;-)

Airhowlingly yours, Erik.

Reply to
Erik Meltzer

If your going by Jeff Foxworthys definition I don't think you will find any so called rednecks in Germany. or at least not what was west Germany when I lived there. the closest I saw was my business partner. You can't have cars on blocks or even one that leaks oil, you can't even put baja lights on your bug.(found out the hard way). Moble home parks don't exist and thank God I never had to hear country music when I lived there.

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

Reply to