Where does one buy wiper tension springs?

I am working on a parts list for some spring projects. I would like to re-lube my wiper mechanism and get it back in good shape. One problem I have, is the spring tension on the passenger side wiper arm is very poor. I can tell that they are mis-matched, and one of them are a cheap after-market.

Problem is, I can't seem to find one of these for sale anywhere. Anyone have an idea?

It's for a 68' Bug.

Thanks,

-Steve Ballantyne

Reply to
steve.ballantyne

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@d45g2000hsc.googlegroups.com...

can't help ya, but im looking too... replaced my pivots due to slop in them and thought that would help..didn't....so now i figure either new arms or new tension springs... i'll be watching for the parts gurus to reply.

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I guess I hadn't noticed that new arms come with the springs installed to them. At $15 per arm, that's really not a bad expense. But in the meantime, if anyone finds where to buy the springs, do tell! :-)

Thanks,

-Steve Ballantyne

Reply to
steve.ballantyne

Steve,

I've never seen new springs for sale, the only option is finding one at the swap, or buying complete wiper arm. WolfsburgWest got em

right/passenger side:

side:
$24 each, but they are german.

Anton

Reply to
anton

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@u69g2000hse.googlegroups.com...

thanks Steve...i hadn't gone looking them up yet, because i'll be ripping the car apart here soon...well i hope... depends on time..

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Not sure what is available in the US but in Aust springs are available from largish hardware places. One mob here ( Bunnings) has a selection of about

30, compression and tension types. The only problem might be how they would last in the open. I imagine the originals would be treated in some way to stop rust. Cheers John

Reply to
John

Reply to
John

Ace Hardware. You might have to shorten one. Wire cutters, the blue wrench, bend it, hook and quench.

Reply to
<jjs>