Will My Beetle Run On Ethanol?

Hi! I have a 1973 Beetle with: * 1600cc DP Type I with lowered compression * SVDA distributor * CDI and Pertronix ignition
What modifications will I need to make to run it on ethanol and with an
ethanol gasoline mix? Thanks!

It will not run on 85% alcohol. If you get it to turn over, it will run like shit, your mileage will be super bad, and it may never start again.

More than you can probably afford. A total rebuild, a whole hell of a lot of modifications.
I read that it attacks old rubber/composit gaskets and some metal components in the fuel system (like the carb). It also flushes out any varnish in the system so could clough fuel filter and carb jets. Ethanol has more octane but gives less miles per gallon. With the timing set correctly, I don't see why it wouldn't run fine (until it ate thru hoses and carb, at least).

Octane only means that it has a low flash point. In the USA gasoline is classified as an explosive because it goes off so easily. Nitrocellulous gunpowder is merely a flammable.
Gasoline is an aromatic. It's easy to build engines with shit engineering using gasoline.
With the "timing set correctly" you still lose with Ethonol. Learn up.