Will My Beetle Run On Ethanol?

Hi! I have a 1973 Beetle with:

  • 1600cc DP Type I with lowered compression
  • SVDA distributor
  • CDI and Pertronix ignition

What modifications will I need to make to run it on ethanol and with an ethanol gasoline mix? Thanks!

Reply to
Jim347a

It will not run on 85% alcohol. If you get it to turn over, it will run like shit, your mileage will be super bad, and it may never start again.

More than you can probably afford. A total rebuild, a whole hell of a lot of modifications.

Reply to
2

Reply to
Wolfgang

Octane only means that it has a low flash point. In the USA gasoline is classified as an explosive because it goes off so easily. Nitrocellulous gunpowder is merely a flammable.

Gasoline is an aromatic. It's easy to build engines with shit engineering using gasoline.

With the "timing set correctly" you still lose with Ethonol. Learn up.

Reply to
2