Compufire In SVDA - Will it fit?

Hi guys,

I got a compufire electronic ignition module meant for 009 and 050 distributors. I want to install it in a SVDA unit instead but i wanted to ask first if it will fit and if it will cause problems (in case it does fit). The serial on my SVDA distributor is 0 231 168 015 in case that helps.

Thanks,

BugThug

Reply to
BugThug

Talked with Jan today about this (in #ramva IRC-chatroom) and he told that compufire will fit and work with a SVDA.=20

Reply to
Olli Lammi

Thanks Olli and Jan, i will try installing it this week and see how it goes. Ill also try hooking up the vacuum from both carbs to see if the flat spot goes away. Hopefuly the bug will drive much smoother when accelerating off

1st gear!

John.

Talked with Jan today about this (in #ramva IRC-chatroom) and he told that compufire will fit and work with a SVDA.

Reply to
BugThug

I recently fit a Compufire to a DVDA, the only required mod was to shorten the rotor.

http://63.230.74.177/baja/MVC-095F.JPG http://63.230.74.177/baja/MVC-096F.JPG Max

Reply to
Max Welton

Not for me, I had to order a second one for the SVDA. My dist is a

037. I have not tried the new compufire yet.
Reply to
Michael Kelly

Reply to
BugThug

Hacksaw blade works, as would many other cutting or grinding tools. Watch that tiny metal springy piece inside the rotor hole. Push it in as deep as it goes before cutting. Cut only as much as is needed, that's about 3-4mm. (you convert that to your archaic, obsolete system, I'm lazy and represent the superior metric system so i don't care... HA! )

;)

Jan

BugThug wrote:

Reply to
Jan Andersson

..................For us world leaders, 4mm = 0.16 inches

:-)

Reply to
Tim Rogers

"Jan Andersson" wrote

It seems as though you're proud to use a system that those beret-wearing snail-eaters invented. ;-)

Still got that 3/8" drive ratchet? ... or do you call it a 9.525mm drive? Double HA!

Anybody know where I can get a metric adjustable wrench?

:-)

Reply to
Scott H

Mais oui, mon frére.

I'm happy with my half inch tool. (another quality line from the Master Baiter...;)

ARGH!

Where would you like it to be inserted? :P

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Or 4.23 x 10^-19 light years if your ruler has such increments.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

Bench grinder. Grind a little, test fit. Repeat as needed.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

I didn't even measure it. Does it matter which system I didn't use?

;-)

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

"Jan Andersson" wrote

Don't be silly. Same place as always, of course.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

the SVDA compufire fits in the 009, the 009 compufire does NOT fit in the SVDA.

John Aircooled.Net Inc.

Reply to
John Connolly

Reply to