wipers and brakes

Hello all

I'm trying to restore a 1970 beetle. This was one of those "if you can get it out of my driveway it's yours". So now I have a bug thats been sitting for 8 yrs and I've been working on it since last year.

My question is, for some reason when I hit the break it blows the fuse the controls the windshield wipers. The brakes still function but the little light on my dash doesn't come back on and my wipers. (that I just finished getting a new motor and arms and etc) stop working.

Anyone have any idea as to why this would be or a workaround? I now put in a new fuse every time I work on the car and it blows every time I push the brake pedal.

Raul

Reply to
slugbug

Look on this page of my web site for the wiring of the stop light switches:

The Blk/Red wire from the switches comes up to the trunk area where it goes into a plastic splice. You can un plug that wire and see if the fuse still blows. That will tell you whether the short is in the tail lights (or their harness) or whether it is related to the switches.

Post back what you find.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim