Wolfsburg West Service ROCKS -- Blatant Plug

Here's a plug I promised to the sales rep after yesterday's call.

===================================== We're looking into buying ANOTHER aircooled for the INFESTATION (too many bugs)....

=============================

Doing some ghetto math, I'm trying to figure out how much the bottom line of this car will be.

In our biz we hate general inquiry questions... "I was working in our garage"... "My buddy says" are all openers for long calls that don't go anywhere.

===================

Yestterday I called Wolfsburg West.

The guy who answers the phone answers my questions.

I describe the condition of the car and that I want some thumbnail estimates of what a 21 window restoration should cost.

He says... says ... count on $5k for Wolfsburg and then body work..... maybe less if you're lucky---maybe worse if it's a prom queen (looks good in the evening and ugly in the morning).

No funky questions back and fourth... no discussion of how vague the my description is.... no this part costs this much... contingent estimates.

He then continues to tell me some of the death marks on the bus and the triggers for me not to walk.

I was off the phone in 2 minutes with the answers required.

==========================

It was too easy. I'm not tickled about the $5000+body work budget... just that I could get some informed answers from a dude who cared.

=========================

Wish all the aircooled parts places were like this (including the ONE that everyone on this board creams over).

Promised blatant plug over and out.

Timmy

Reply to
MN AirHead

Wolfsburg West has yet to respond to an email from me. If you are a company that does not use email, don't list it on your website.

When we buy *international* products we always shop at aircooled.net becuase John responds to our emails and I don't have to spend money calling long distance to sit on hold.

That is my2 cents.

Reply to
BugBum

AirHead

Reply to
Ben Boyle

Answers are free. Correct answers cost real money. When it's all done, show us the before and after pictures and the bill.

Reply to
J Stafford

Well SoCal Imports (I think it was them, it's been too long so it could be someone else with similar name) still hasn't replied to my (snail mail) business proposal/order I sent them years ago.. did not manage to get anyone to answer the phone either the two days I tried to call them.. I gave up hope.. if this is their raction time, I don't want to be in business with them... lol

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

That's very good service. Restos have to be the hardest job.

John C at aircooled.net has done the same for me on a nonresto. Twice I ordered the wrong part, and he corrected the order and a several times he suggested a better part for my configuration. (I had the hardest time figuring what tranny I needed/wanted. Big part. Big bucks. BIG help from John.)

Reply to
J Stafford