WTB: Steering Wheel- 1979 Type 1 'vert

Hi folks, entire family have been long time air-cooled owners/fans. Been out of it for 12+ years....just caught the bug again from my father who is now restoring his triple black '79 vert.

He is looking for a NOS or very nice original steering wheel. Please let me know if you have one for sale or suggestions for where to look. Can only find early model resto's-- not much out there it seems for the later years, but I may just not know where to look anymore. thanks.

~Bob

Reply to
Daddy80s

............I'd start by checking at a dealership parts dept. It should be listed but that doesn't mean that they're still available. If they are still in stock, hold on to your wallet. VW doesn't part with this kind of item for less $500 in my experience, and it could be considerably higher than that when you remember that most dealerships tack on anywhere from a 40 to 60 percent markup.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

ETKA shows one steering wheel = 183 419 651. It fits 134 2353 465 --> 158 2100 000. The pad for it is = 113 415 669F. It fits from 112 2000 001 --> end. It is 041 black, from 8/71 to 1/80

Does this mean all 79 Verts have a 78 vin #?

Reply to
Karl