Latest threads in Volkswagen, hot (Aircooled)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Photos of my 56 oval
I'm currently building af 1914 ccm turboed engine for it. Almost done with the turbo kit. Pictures of my car: Just waiting for sommertime :-( ------------------------------ Postet at
3
3

79 veeDub problem
Hi There, my 79 convertible vw is spitting out oil in the engine compartment. plz, can anyone tell me how to fix it?
10
10

heated seats and power windows.
Hi All, First off, Merry Christmas to you all! I have aquired an 85 Jetta (for parts) with power windows and heated seats. I know I can make the seats fit as I already have jetta seats in my 74 super,...
17
17

Coil and Dizzy questions (lots of them)
Hello all and merry xmas! I'm using all the free time I have on these days to check everything on the bug and make sure all is perfect. I have a bosch blue coil installed in it, coupled to a 009 dizzy...
3
3

Accusump users?
Anyone use this product on their VWs? Wanted to increase the oil capacity on my Baja with a bolt on oil sump plate but thought it might not be a good idea while off roading because of ground clearance...
4
4

Midnight Repairs
Midnight Repairs He came down the back drive just before midnight on Christmas Eve. I was out in the shop, about to call it a night when I heard the unmistakable sound of a Volkswagen running on three...
13
13

OT Hi Tech Parking Meter
Soon the good old days when you can use part of the last guys dime on the parking meter will be gone. Click on link for article

Merry X-mas
Hi Group, I would like to wish everybody a merry christmas and all the best for 2006! Thanks for your help the past year and I hope all the best will proceed in the next. Roger
1
1

Aircooled in the News
Not that it is good news, but today December 23, 2005 marks the day that the last Aircooled engine ever will be installed in the Brazillian Kombi and then they will switch to a watercooled version....

New sighting - Munich
Got confirmation of a new sighting in the mail this morning... this week's issue of Variety has a full-page "For your consideration" ad for "Munich" on the cover. Still-frame has two sedans parked on...

FS 1977 Westfalia
Hi All, I have a 1977 Orange Westy for sale. Engine replaced, auto trans that shifts good, all interior intact. No rust thgrough. $500 in central Ohio. Email grhixon at
2
2

Thermostat with cool tin and 1 5/8 merged exhaust
I've got a stock thermostat setup on an engine I'm putting together for a type 1 with cool tin (no lower sheet metal) and 1 5/8 merged headers (no heater boxes). Will this compromise the proper...
12
12

twin carbs
Is there any reason why one couldn't put a standard carb on each side in a twin setup ? would be loads cheaper that a proper twin setup ! Rich
24
24

Are vw engine diagnotics sounds still available?
I'm wondering if what I am hearing is the begining of a rod going. I know there were .wav sounds that could be heard on the internet to determine what engine sounds are what. could you provide a link?...
1
1

Photos of my car
I have posted some shots of my Chopped 66 if you want to see it. Go to my home business web site and scroll down to Mike's other hobby to see them. Hope you enjoy . Mike
11
11