1992 Volvo 245 Fog Lights

So I'm looking at fog lights as periodically drive in fog and like to have a general idea of where the lanes and edge of the road are.

There are two original holes in the sheet metal just above the bumper and between the grille and the headlights, where I could bolt my older pair of

6" diameter amber lamps. However, I think that kind of looks hokey and says "break me please".

It's not a rally car; they were intended for my P220 wagon. But perhaps a small set, carefuly aimed, mught do.. .any comments?

At one time I had a 244GL with fog lamps under the bumper. Worked great, could see the road just fine but lost the altercation with the driveway or parking curb *every* time.

I see these small fog lights for sale that look unobtrusive that wouldn't require huge amounts of chopping up the air dam.

Is there a significant advantage to mounting the fogs under the bumper? Does over the bumper work just as well? Is there a protected place to put these littler fog lamps, if they are any good?

Thanks! Patrick Keenan

Reply to
Patrick Keenan

You can still get the Bosch rectangular fog lamps that were an OEM option on the 200 and 700 series, they're not even terribly expensive.

Under the bumper gives significantly better performance, and you want them as far to each side as possible, but they are more prone to breakage. I put the IPD protectors on my 740's fog lights and haven't broken one since.

Reply to
James Sweet