1996 850 Turbo - "Flamebox", Dealer says replace ?

Volvo dealer detected "Positive Crankcase Pressure" Thinks it is caused by bad "Flamebox" and has recommnded replacement. Could anyone direct me to a website that has information on this topic.

thank-you.

Reply to
dfra00

Although applicable to the 7 and 9 series, this should get you started.

Mr. V

Just take the flame-trap out. It isn't needed. Later versions of the same engine (in the S70 and S60) don't have a flame-trap.

AC

Reply to
Aawara Chowdhury

If the oil change maintenance has been neglected, the oil trap (a plastic box under the intake manifold) will get clogged up. Because of its design, it's almost impossible to clean out, so replacement is a common repair.

Reply to
Mike F

Thank-you for the response. However it appears that the flame-trap only applies to non-turbo engines. Mine is a turbo so I am probably dealing with the oil separator.

Kirk r.

Reply to
SilverSurfer