Parts car - what should I keep? Anyone want an engine?

I've recently picked up an '86 240 wagon parts car. The only issue is that I pay $40/month to park it. What I'd like to do is strip it and then have it towed away for scrap. I've already removed most of the trim items, the mirrors, the lights, the seats, and the stereo. I'm going to take the carpet (good shape), the blower motor, the heater core, and (hopefully) the wheels with their newish tires. What other parts should I consider removing that would be worth the hassle and might still be usable on my '88 240?

Also, does anyone know a good scrap car removal company in the Toronto area who will take this beast in it's naked state, with possibly no wheels as well? The engine is actually quite good (anyone interested?) and the tranny worked well too. The problem with the car was RUST... the entire floor was rusted out (but for some reason the carpet survived!).

Thanks, Clayton.

ps. I'm in the Toronto area if anyone is interested in a B230F Engine with M46 4 speed + OD. I'm not sure the mileage but can find out if you're interested (its parked about a 10 min drive my house). Let me know... snipped-for-privacy@claytonhanmer.com.

Reply to
cton

Pull the following...

Instrument cluster

Wiper and turn signal stalks

shift handle assembly

all relays and fuses

door lock mechanism

front and rear light assemblies

in tank pump assembly

fuel pump assembly

windshield wiper motor and wiper arms

sunroof handle

Reply to
Mr. V

I would take the Fuel Pressure Regulator Fuel rail (There is a nice home made pressure tester made from these on the Brickroad) Oil fill cap if its the metal kind ( also a pressure tester for crankase ventilation-Brickroad) Stereo for the OEM connectors when CD player goes in. Just attach to new wires & plug in The little square plastic grommet that holds the fuse cover on, just pops out, don't drop it Center console If you can get the windshield out and can store it, its worth the price of a removal tool to do it If it has the bracket for mounting belt accessories w/out the AC take it Ign Control Module from under the hood, can always try to sell it on E- Bay AMM Sunviser clips if not broken

Reply to
jacktheboy