1998 V70 passenger door lock

The passenger door lock on our 1998 V70 does not respond to either the FOB or the automatic lock mechanism on the drivers side door panel. The lock works manually.

I was looking for information on this earlier in the week and recall that there might be a "quick fix" by resetting a fuse located in the back of the car, but I cannot relocate where I read that information (the other suggestion was a volvospeed recommendation that required much more effort/experience).

Does the V70 1998 AWD model have fuses somewhere in the back of the car that might need to be reset for the door lock mechanism?

TIA. Dave

Reply to
tom_sawyer70

No there are no fuses in the rear of this car. Experience shows that this means that the door lock needs to be replaced (Dealer Item) Glenn K ASE Certified Technician Volvo Certified Technician

Reply to
Glenn Klein

I had to change 3 out of 4 door locks on my 98 S70 so far... Here is a link that explains how to remove the mechanism if you feel up to it. Good luck!

Peete

Peete