Interior door handle, V70 1998

Suddenly the interior door handle on the passenger door of my V70 will not budge. The lock works fine and so do the back doors. The outside handle work just fine. I have tried the secquence of : switch on hold up on the window switches for 5 to 8 seconds switch off operate the remote lock twice, lock/unlock, lock/unlock

that is supposed to reset the UEM (Upper Electronic Module) and reset the door locks function and sunroof.

the lock works fine. but the inside handle is acting like is locked. outside handle works fine. p.s. I have tried the child lock out switch which I guess is to the back door locks/latches (this is the front door latch) backs work just fine.

Reply to
William MILLS

I have never be inside a Volvo door, but I would venture that a plastic piece holding two of the rods in the door release mechanism has broken.

Sorry, no idea how tough or easy it will be to fix.

Reply to
Steve