1998 V70 R - replaced battery

My original battery finally died so I put in a new one yesterday. The Service Engine light is blinking, the Tracs Off light is on, the ABS light is on, and the odometer now reads 220K whereas before I put the battery in it read 136K. Also, all info below the odometer is blank: i.e., no clock, no temperature.

Any ideas?

Reply to
James Longsteet

Are you sure they didn't switch cars on you. Seriously, I think the odometer just switched from miles to kilometers. Your manual will tell you how to switch it back. Could the battery have been hooked up backwards and then put in correctly. This would explain why some things are blown out.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

Miles to kilometers makes sense, I'll check my manual. But battery wasn't hooked up incorrectly. Do you think, though, that the missing info on the dash is permanent?

Reply to
James Longsteet

miles to km display? i knew I could change F->C and 12 to 24 hour clock display but I didn't know I could switch the odometer/speedometer from miles to km. (trivia note: if you divide the km by 10, then you get swedish miles which is how car usage is reported in for sale adds and also service schedule. i.e., my Ford escort recently had its 12 000 mil service, 120 000 km. My first trip to Sweden my (now) Swedish wife told me it was about 50 miles from Stockholm to Gothenburg. I could look at the map and do the arithmetic and I knew it was more than 50 miles. Now I know!)

Reply to
klh in VA

Also, the speedometer and tachometer no longer work with the new battery

Reply to
James Longsteet