1998 V70XC Fan problem

when i turned my car on this morning the lights on the AC "off" and Fan "Recirculate" buttons were blinking and the fan wasn't blowing.

has anyone seen this before?

thanks

Reply to
harlan fichtenholtz

I've been having a similar problem with my '96 850 wagon.

Sometimes it does work, but when it does the fan is very weak and sounds bad. Usually I just get the flashing A/C & Recirculate.

The local Volvo mechanic says it sounds like the blower motor is bad or going bad. Apparently when it goes bad it draws a lot of current and the system detects this and flashes the lights.

Reply to
Atif