2002 S60

I am considering buying 2002 S60 AWD...Someone who has one recently told me that it has terrible blind spots...Has anyone else found this to be true?..Thanks

Reply to
apdicenzo

I've not noticed that problem myself. My only critism is that the turning circle is not very good and you need to do a lot of work to park in a tight space. Depends on your driving position and personal opinion, I'd go for a test drive.

Reply to
Graham Tavener

I've been living with an '02 S60AWD since January of '02.

The "A" pillars are a bit on the heavy side, which has been mentioned in magazine road tests, etc. I've never really though of it in practical daily use. Vision to the rear, as in parking, isn't great, but this is the price for the search that makers are conducting these days for carrying capacity and aerodynamics.

This less-than-super rear vision is a problem with cars of like style and price. We looked at the BMW 330xi, but found it too uncomfortable (seats don't compare to Volvo) and generally restrictive. They did have one clever trick, in that the outside rear view mirror on the right side tilts down when Reverse is selected - not as much of a help as one might hope.

So, as suggested, take a ride and see what you think. The car's too nice for a small problem to decide unless you are continually parallel parking all day - but then I do not know what else you might choose.

bob noble Reno, NV, USA

Reply to
Bob Noble