2002 S80 T6 High Revs startup

Hi, I have a 2002 S80 T6 with 34K on the odometer. I just purchased the car. I am wondering if this car is supposed to rev at 1400 - 1500 RPMS at startup for approximately 15 seconds. Is this normal for the Volvo? I know lots of cars do that at cold starts but I am in Arizona and the low is 85.

Thanks

Reply to
holycow

My C30 T5 (and I assume the S40 too as it's the same donk) - does this. I'm guessing it's to get the oil pumped through sufficiently and the engine up to a decent 'start-off' temperature. In winter here I notice this warm up takes longer than it does now - the weather is starting to warm up. But on average 15-20 secs sounds about right.

Cheers Mal Oz

Reply to
Mal from Oz

Thanks, Just wanted to make sure.