2004 Volvo 70XC AWD - how much does regular maintenance cost per year/

I'm in the process of buying this car and am curious how much it costs to maintain the car each year. I've heard it's expensive. Also what kind of gas does it take? 87 or 92?

Reply to
Joe

It uses regular gas. It has an anti-knock sensor so that it is very tolerant of gas octane. In any case, if you want to experiment, run a tank of hi-test and a tank of lo-test on a trip at a constant highway speed and see if you get better miles/$ with one or the other. Go with the most economical.

The routine maintenance schedule and standard pricing is available on Volvo's website at:

My dealer publishes prices for each recommended maintenance. On my '01 XC70 the interval is 7,500 mi. The odd intervals are just oil & filter changes. Then every 15,000 miles they check everything and replace whatever is scheduled to be changed like belts or fluids.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

No more expensive than most other cars, but there is a lot more to maintaining a car than oil changes. The Volvo AWD is pretty trouble free. You can save money if you have the tools and equipment by doing it yourself. The Turbo takes premium gas, but your owners manual and the inside of the gas cap cover should also note this.

Reply to
Roadie