Latest threads in Volvo automobilesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

More questions '92 740 cooling system....
James (or anyone): Re: '92 740 GLturbo overheating. replaced shorted electric cooling fan...still running hot. I am swapping in my spare 740 radiator, and have a new cooolant recovery tank coming from...
3
3

AIR CON PROBLEM
Bruce wrote:
5
5

Detecting AC leaks S70
The local shop dropped the bomb Friday and said my evaporator has a sizable leak. Can someone tell me how they know this, especially since the evaporator is hidden behind the dash? They couldn't find...
9
9

89 240DL Not charging
My daughter pointed out that the battery charging light was glowing very dimly with the engine idling. The battery voltage measured around 11.7V with the key in ignition position ll and with the...
8
8

850 Blower Motor
Hi- I recently (~3 weeks ago) purchased a 1993 Volvo 850 GLT with ~120k miles on it. About a week later, I smelled and saw smoke coming from the vents, and the blower motor ceased to work. Lights on...
9
9

Three different questions about a 1980 240 DL
First off I have a 1980 240 DL that I'm doing some work on. I was pokin' around underneath the drivers side dash and found a small metal hatch that can be opened and closed about an inch or so. I...
1
1

C70/S70/V70 Center Channel Speaker Removal
I recently purchased a '99 C70 HPT Coupe and despite how much fun it is, my head is about to explode from an annoying squeek in the dash eminating from around the center channel speaker area. I'm...
1
1

Are You 18yr?
Are You 18yr?

Texas used car sales tax rate?
?? I know what the general state sales tax rate is, but is different for a private party selling a used car to another private party?
5
5

anyone looking for a project car?

V70 Immobiliser location ?
My 1997 V70 Immobiliser / receiver (the bit that receives the signal from the key fob transmitter) seems to be failing or the aerial has come out or something.... anyway it only works when you are...

Adjustment on S40 sun roof???
The sun roof on my 2000 S40 no longer closes like it is supposed to. When you push the button to put the glass in the fully closed position, you can now still hear just the slightest wind noise and it...

OBD2 scanners
Anyone know where to get a good OBD 2 scanner for a 98 V90? Thanks in advance... aaron
1
1

Volvo S80 1999 - Why do they cool the computer with air from climate control system?
Upon finding the low side of my a/c system to test pressure, I noticed that the box next to the antifreeze and power-steering fill tanks (which contains two computers from the looks of it), is fed air...
4
4

850 Recirc Air Door Intermediate Lever Info
94 wagon, NA, non-ECC One can find many posts on this but very limited info on part numbers, installation notes etc. SYMPTOM[s]: [1] Outside air inside of cabin regardless of Recirc Switch position...