850 Recirc Air Door Intermediate Lever Info

94 wagon, NA, non-ECC

One can find many posts on this but very limited info on part numbers, installation notes etc.

SYMPTOM[s]: [1] Outside air inside of cabin regardless of Recirc Switch position [2] Intermediate Lever [recirc air motor-to-cable connector] visibly broken [3] Air Shutter not moving [as observed thru air intake with cabin filter removed, if installed]

2 styles

INTERMEDIATE LEVER [1] WHITE in color [obsolete] part number 3522160 [reportedly breaks easy] [2] BLACK in color [current style] part number 6808653 [List Price $8.20 in NH]

NOTES: [1] The lever is not symmetrical, install with the FLAT portion of the squared hole toward the motor. [2] One side of the cable end retainer has an opening to facilitate slipping over the barrel-stop on the cable [much like bicycle handbrake levers], self-explanatory once you see it. [3] Once the glove box was removed, I found it very easy to install with the key in the "I" position, Recirc Switch "ON" [lamp lit]. Next, grab the cable with long hemostats/forceps to hold in place while the square end of the lever was easily manuevered over the shaft.

Reply to
WyleECoyote