240 air filter

Is the air filter on a 70s car with a B21 K-Jet engine, different to the one in an 80s engine - or is it the same?

Allan.

Reply to
Just Allan

Just Allan

"Just Allan"

As far as I can see in the catalog of 240-parts, the rectangular airfilter is the same on all versions that needs a rectangular one. It should have Volvo part# 463505.

My own '85 with a B230 carburetted has a rectangular as well.

Reply to
Vestman

I can tell you that all the overhead cam, non-turbo gasoline injected

240s over here got the same air filter regardless of year and injection type. The pushrod engined ones had a different, round filter. Maybe right hand drive is different. Some of the early (-78) carb cars had a different filter as well.
Reply to
Mike F