S80 2liter auto

can anyone help? just picked up a second hand s80 with no hand book, when i turn the engine of & try to retrieve the ignion key it turn's 3 quarters off & stops & i have to fiddle for half an hour to get it out what am i doing wrong? & secondly the thumb button on the auto gear stick will stick in & pops out on its own accord? how do i rectify this? Thank you

Reply to
ray

The sticking thumb button is stopping the key from turning the lock far enough to get the key out. You'll need to inspect and lubricate the cable that runs from shifter to ignition lock. When this happened in my V70, I found that slapping the shifter allowed the button to pop out and freed up the key.

Reply to
Mike F