240 little spare tire qstn , is 92 wagon spare same as 81 special spare?

240 little spare tire question, is 92 wagon spare same as 81 special spare? Need a replacement for the 92 wagon aqnd so far all I could find cheap was a Firestone Special Spare with wheel from an 81 240. Are they interchangeable? Needs to fit in the rear underfloor spare tire area in the 240 wagon, won't hold a standrads size wheel and tire.

Thanks, Mark

Reply to
BOEING377

interchangeable?

It'll fit on the back, but the front is a maybe, your '92 likely has ABS and hence larger rotors. Can't you find a Volvo spare at a junkyard? I frequently see them that haven't even been used.

Reply to
James Sweet

It'll work with not problem, any 240 wheel will fit on any other 240. The location for the spare, standing up on the left side of the cargo compartment will fit a full size wheel and tire no problem. Consider the 240 was around long before space saver or temporary use spares...

Reply to
Mike F