240 oil capacity

how much oil does this thing hold? i'm doing an oil change an i don't have a manual.

Reply to
Josh Markette
~^ beancounter ~^

From memory, I believe the owner's manual says 3.8 litres. I've always used 4 litres. I change the filter every time.

If you can, use Synthetic. Mobil 1 is highly regarded.

Reply to
Someone

I've always used 4 quarts, that fills it right to the top of the hash marks on the dipstick.

Reply to
James Sweet

You need a manual for a 240, it will save you money. Look on ebay for a Bentley or Haynes manual on Ebay.

It holds 4 quarts. I always use Mobil 1 and a Wix oil filter on mine.

Reply to
tlr1000