740 Electronic Ignition Tekie Q

Hi;

I have a broken 1986 740 GLT that has sat on my (Leic UK) drive for far too long. (been enjoying my beloved 960)

Can anyone point me to where I can get/buy/scrounge the Hall effect transducer from for the ignition distibutor. I did buy one from Volvo, but ooh the price!! I broke it when trying to mount it in the distributor.

Regards Ian

Reply to
Ian Pellew

Ian,

I had the same problem breaking the new Hall sensor when it went bad in my '85, so I finally bought a new Bosch distributor. Here in the US the Bosch list price was USD293. To my eternal disappointment my daughter recked the car almost immediately after installing the new distributor. I have it for sale, but make me an offer and I would be glad to see it make it to your car.

Reply to
RAZ