RA Bushings

94 Explorer 4x4 129K

I'm about to tackle the RA bushings replacement as described here:

and need some advice. In looking for replacement bushings, Napa online has different bushings (short or long) for different alignment needs. I plan on taking my truck in for an alignment after the replacement, does it matter what bushings I put on, or how I put them on? Should I just match them up with the old ones?

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Reply to
Jim Pace

For my tastes, nothing beats the stock type rubber bushings..... some prefer the poly type bushings but they can be a bit harsh or noisey riding. There's no sense in installing the offset bushings since these could affect your caster adversely (making your alignment cost more than it needs to). Pay close attention to the radius arm and the bracket.... these can wear and in some cases be bad enough that the new bushings will not help. Do your best to 'save' the shroud around the right bushing - this is very close tot he catalytic convertor and the shrod acts as a heat shield.

HTH Jim Warman snipped-for-privacy@telusplanet.net

Reply to
Jim Warman