740 GLE 1985 2.3 Vaccuum piping.

The engine misfires at low revs, but, put the throttle down and she flies. A previous owner has messed about with the piping around the carb and some pipes are blocked off with no indication of where they originally were connected. I can find no information in the Haynes manual relating to the piping. Can anyone suggest a website where I might find this information, preferably in a graphic format. I have looked on

but can find nothing there.Thanks in advance.

Taff........

taff

Hello

I had this problem a while back, and did manage to find a diagram on the net, unfornately I can't find it again, but you're in luck, coz, I've since since bought a carburettor manual, I've scanned what I think will be the correct diagram, and put it on my webserver, you should find it here, http://82.1.64.66/Pierburg_2b7.htm (apologies if the download speed is slow,I've only got part of a slow internet connection) if reconnecting the vacpipes correctly doesn't solve your problem, you might need to check and seewhether the same previous keeper messed around with the idle speed/mixturesettings, and check for air leaks.On mine, the emulsion tubes near where the PCV pipe enters the air intake,tend to crud up every now and then, this could also be a cause of yourproblem.

TTFN, Ken Phillips

Reply to
Ken Phillips (UK)

Thanks a lot. Next problem is that I now have no excuse, I have to go and get my hands dirty. I will let you know if this solves the problems.

taff

taff