740 turbo just stops

My wifes 1988 740 turbo just stops I fiddled with the air mixture control cleaned it and the throttle body. Cleaned all most all electrics with dialectric grease .Opened connections and made sure they are tight but still it stalls when it wants to .It seems better for a while isf I thrash it a bit in the lower gears .But ulimately it returns to a rich mixture and dead .At least now it starts when its dead .It appears to happen when the car is slowing to a stop .The Volvo boys are stumped and so am I .

Reply to
John Robertson