850-93

My transmission (AT) is slipping and vibrating (sometimes badly) when changing gear. Oil is changed now and att regular intervals. Volvo original of course. No fault codes present.

225000 kilometers. Any ideas what to do ? I think a gearbox costs about 2500 $ or more here. Not what i need right now.

I have read about a lot of problem with the 1993 auto transmision in USA. Here in sweden we are still not using AT that much but it is getting more and more usual as time goes by. (Why use anyting else)

Volvo here in sweden don´t know what i am talking about when i mentioned that USA have had problems with AT.

Anders

Reply to
XR(V)

In article , "XR\(V\)" by "XR\(V\)" dropped his wrench, scratched his head and mumbled,

Try finding a used box from a later model (95-) wreck. The -94 transmissions had valve body problems and solenoid problems that combined with Volvo's recommended non maintenance led to early or unexpected failure. To extend the life of the transmission almost indefinitely have the transmission flushed at least every two years.

Bob

Reply to
volvowrench

"volvowrench" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@news.verizon.net...

Is it the same gearbox all the way up S70 series. I don´t know for sure but maybee there is a change in 1996.

Thanks.

Anders

Reply to
XR(V)