87 745 grill under cowl question.

You have the big one over the slotted opening in the cowl, got that.

If you remove the cowl on the pass side you have the big opening for the air intake. When I pulled my cowl off, there was a grill the size of that opening laying *beside* that opening. I'm assuming it's just wiggled off and stuck over time and it is supposed to go over the air intake?

Any tips on keeping debris out of that area or sticking the grills back on? I used a bead of silicon for the top grill in the cowl, but I'm not real sure it's gonna stick.

Thanks..

Reply to
rexdjohnston

Could you elaborate a bit more? What cowls are you talking about? The fan shroud? Or the one down below behind the bumper? Or something else?

Reply to
James Sweet

The cowl area directly below the windscreen and after the hood. Cowl might not be the correct term anymore, things seem to change. :)

James Sweet wrote:

Reply to
rexdjohnston

I think I used duct tape to put mine back on. The screen seemed to have warped and didn't want to stay put any more. Silicone sealer will probably do the job, too.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Oh that thing, the grill in there is stuck on with the same sort of rubbery goop they use to glue the windshield in. Some sort of caulking would probably do the trick.

Reply to
James Sweet