94 850 turbo engine problem

My 94 850 turbo wagon (128,000 mi) had an engine problem twice recently, a day apart, during easy suburban driving in moderate temperature. In both
cases it happened like this:
- I felt the power drop, then come back, a few times.
- Then the power dropped until the engine would only idle, a bit slower than normal and a bit rough.
- Pressing down on the accelerator had no effect at all on the engine; it continued to idle slowly and roughly.
- After several seconds, maybe a minute, pressing the accelerator had a little effect increasing the rpm, then a few seconds later full response and power were back.
Has anyone heard of something like this?
Thanks,
Mick Ruthven