940 turbo outside temp indicator

My darling husband just replaced the switch that makes the brake lights work. Now they work, and I have cruise (yeah).

I just noticed, however, now the outside temp gauge (its a lcd display) light is out.

1) Is it possible there is no light for night driving on it? I would think not but who knows! 2) If there is a light on the indicator could hubby knocked it off somehow while under the dash cursing? 3) If this is replaceable thing how is replacement done? I thought most instrument panels came out from the front so it should not be such a huge deal... 4) Is the bulb available?

Thanks very much!!

Reply to
Holly

Yes.

Possibly the vibrations of his work could have caused the old tired filament to break, but not likely.

Pull the cluster out, and it will be obvious. However, this operation may cause old tired filaments in other bulbs to break. I'd grab all the lighting bulbs and replace all of them at this time.

Yes.

Reply to
Mike F