960 estate Q

Hi all;

When did volvo change the rear axle set up of the 960 estate to be the same as the 960 saloon?

Some 960 estate have the same rear axle arrangment as the 940, but as far as I can work at some point the 960 rear axle became the same for both the 960 saloon and estate.

Regards Ian

Reply to
Ian Pellew
1995 Ian. Before anybody jumps in to say that this is incorrect the information is from the relevant Green book. At the same time the front suspension was upgraded to 850 specs (also from the relevant publication).

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes

Actually they changed both wagon and sedan. The new IRS has nothing in common with the old IRS that was only used on the sedan.

P.S. And I agree with the model year of the changeover - 1995.

Reply to
Mike F