98 S70 T5 radiator removal

I'd like to get a definitive answer on this as I'm hearing 2 different answers.

I need to replace the radiator and from what I can see, it's easier to remove it from the bottom and also this is what is illustrated in the Chilton's manual.

(Only problem is, I need to jack up the car and don't have a lift.....will I have enough clearance?)

However, some are saying it comes out from the top and that looks MUCH more problematic. (This is a '98, mind you).

?

Thanks very much

--Mike

Reply to
Michael

Mike

According to my Haynes manual (S70, V70 & C70 1996 to 1999) it's removed from the top.

Richard Web pages:

for caravanning,
for my personal web site and
because I love the email address.

Reply to
Richard Cole

From The Bottom you have to remove the 4 bolts that hold the A/C Condenser, Inter cooler & the Radiator together after that the 2 bolts that hold the radiator to the body of the car Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

No offense but that's not what I was asking.

Is the preferred method to.... A: remove from the top? B: remove from the bottom?

I guess I'll have to get the Haynes manual, compare it to my Chiltons (which says bottom) and decide for myself.

Reply to
Michael

Sorry Glenn that may have sounded "testy" and so I wanted to reply to my reply....as that wasn't my intention.

YOU are the guy to ask -- aren't you a certified volvo tech?

It sounds like it comes out from the bottom.

The condenser stays in place....remove the hoses...the transmission and oil cooler feeds (4), remove the intercooler hose, and the radiator bolts and that should do it?

Thanks.

--Mike

Reply to
Michael

The way I read it was to insert a bit of punctuation: "From The Bottom[. Y]ou have to remove the 4 bolts..."

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

From The bottom Glenn K Certified Volvo Technician ASE Certified Technician