Mobile phone/bluetooth interference with electronics?

Is it possible that the emission of a GSM phone and its bluetooth connection interferes with the electronics of e.g. the ECC unit or other electronics
around? Since my phone does not have a connector for an external antenna, I want to put it onto the dashboard above the ECC unit and let it work via bluetooth with the radio. Any experiences?
--
Viktor Weisshupl
The e-mail address in the header is never read

Viktor,> why mount it on the dash ?
Though I am not really paranoid about electromagnetic radiation but I try to not expose myself to unnecessarily strong pulsed GSM-phone radiation. I try to keep the radiation exposition as small as easily achievable. The phone regulates its emitted signal strength in response to the signal strength of the connected base it senses. Inside the car in your pocket the sensed field strength is smaller than near a window. So the phone emits more gsm-related radiation in your pocket near the body quite shielded by doors etc than when placed on the dashboard under the windshield. For the same reasons the GPS-sensor of my navigation system is placed there, too - the satellites signal strength inside the car would be too small.
I am less concerned about bluetooth radiation near me.
Regards
Viktor
Your concerns about the effect of cell-phone radiation on humans may or may not be valid (there are conflicting reports), but I certainly agree with your desire to limit your exposure, just in case! Also, many places here in the US have enacted laws requiring drivers to not hold the phone to their ear while driving, in order to keep the hands free to operate the car. Regardless of the reason, mounting the cell phone on the dash is probably a good idea.
As for any effect on the car's electronics, I think most of the circuits would be adaquately shielded by surrounding metal to protect them from the relatively low-power signal from a cell phone, even at it's highest output level.

Here in Austria we also have a law which forbids the use of mobile phones without a "hands free" device while driving (although also phoning with the hands free device distracts quite a lot). Up to now I have used a device which is connected to the phone via a cable adapter and which has a little loudspeaker for that purpose. But especially the Nokia "snap on" connector on my latest 6610i phone has caused contact problems over problems which could not be solved easily. So I have bought a bluetooth phone and will buy the http://www.elta.de/de/artikel.asp?Artikelu40&xf&yH&Artikel1u40 which has a bluetooth dongle to communicate with a phone.
It really frightens me when driving beside big trucks and see the drivers hold their phone with one hand and steering with only the other one. Unfortunately that is not really seldom.

I had a 745 up to now, no electronics under the dashboard. When the phone is active one can hear it at least in the radio.
Regards Viktor