99 V70 R AWD, rough ride

What would be making the suspension in my V70 start to feel rougher that it used too? Allot more impact and noise being transferred to the passenger cabin. The tires are new so I've ruled those out.

Any ideas?

Steve

Reply to
Tangy

If your tires are new, why rule them out?

If your new tires are the same make, size, type and pressure as your previous ones, I would possibly rule them out, otherwise not. If I would change tires and get worse handling, I definitely would supect the tires first of everything.

I may misinterpret, but do you implicitly say that tires get harder and noisier with wear and age? I have never noticed.

For handling on wet and slippery roads, new tires are superior, otherwise not. IMHO.

Reply to
Gunnar Eikman

Lets just say it's not the tires, I'm looking for suspension as the potential problem.

In my experience the ride gets worse with tires with less tread.

Reply to
Tangy

Sounds like the tires have more air pressure to me. Suspension consists of 3 elements: tires, struts, and springs. The tires sound like the villian.

Reply to
Stephen M. Henning