Adjusting the pilothouse of a Volvo 440 from 1990

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to adjust the pilothouse of a Volvo 440 from 1990 (if it can be done). Or does anyone know a website with this kind of information.

T.i.a.

Regards Tino Wintershoven The Netherlands

Reply to
Bianca

first of all get a better dictionary ;)

adjusting the steering rack is sometimes possible, but usually the rack ends up very stiff in the extreme positions. Replace with a second hand one is usually best if it is really shot

Reply to
m-gineering

Reply to
T. Wintershoven

What's a pilothouse? The only time I've heard that term before is in reference to the cabin of a boat.

Reply to
James Sweet

He is Dutch, so from what I gather, it is a poor English transaltion that is: Pilot- to steer House- assembly or housing The Steering Housing, or rack and pinion to us'n's

__ __ Randy & \ \/ /alerie's \__/olvos '90 245 Estate - '93 965 Estate "Shelby" & "Kate"

Reply to
Randy G.