alarm message

V70 '99 message that alarm requires service has started coming up, doesn't stay. is this serious ?

Reply to
the Mink

"the Mink" skrev i en meddelelse news:SKPzl.71316$f% snipped-for-privacy@newsfe30.ams...

It is normal behaviour from the Service Indicator, it will stay on for approx. a minute or so.

Reply to
Brian Sørup

but can I stop it somehow? It appears the siren isn't working...

"the Mink" skrev i en meddelelse news:SKPzl.71316$f% snipped-for-privacy@newsfe30.ams...

It is normal behaviour from the Service Indicator, it will stay on for approx. a minute or so.

Reply to
the Mink

A quick Google search for V70"Alarm requires service" only gets a few hits, most suggesting the siren is the problem. Apparently it's in the fender?

And the "Service Indicator" should not be related at all, as that's the reminder that it's time to change the oil.

Reply to
MasterBlaster

Yeah, only got a few tips from googling and the bad news is that fuse No.38 (5 amp) is ok! if it is the siren module then it looks like its going to stay broke a long long time...

Reply to
the Mink

just to say i have just celebrated the 1st anniversary of this warning light ! comes on for about 15 secs every time and I'd probably miss it if it went!!!

"MasterBlaster" >

Reply to
the Mink