An ABS saga

My wife's '93 240 would occasionally have the ABS light come on. If she had to stop quickly, the car would go about 50 feet and then the brakes would come on.

This scared the bejesus out of me so I took it to my mechanic. They could make the problem recur and then went to disconnect, clean and tighten all connections but they couldn't find any trouble codes so they sent the car to the dealer who couldn't recreate the problem nor find any codes.

The dealer asked that my wife come up and show them what happened (what? Is brake failure a female thing like PMS?!) No problem observed so they released tha car for a $98 diagnostic fee.

BTW, my mechanic said, "We didn't find anything we could fix and warrant so there's no charge for what we did." FOUR DAYS of looking for a problem and cleaning and tightening connections!

If you live in the Dallas area, I know a GREAT shop which is really both honest and knowledgeable, not only in Volvos but all cars and commercial trucks.

Chuck Fiedler Nothing but Volvo since 1974

Reply to
Chuck Fiedler

Someone