Any recomendations for aftermarket Keyless entry kit?

It seems volvo has no viable "kit" for keyless entry on my 1995 940 (4 door, nonturbo).

So, I'm looking for recommendations and/or experiences with after-market kits. I've found them on the web for around $50-60 US. I've never installed one but, I'm not too daunted by that. I installed a stereo system that was HUGE! And, it turned out great.

TIA Don

Reply to
Don B.

IPDUSA.com has a kit for Volvo's. The cheapo ebay ones don't come with the extra door actuator that you need.

RS

Reply to
Rusty

The 94 940 is prewired for keyless entry. There are two connectors under the dash above the break pedal taped up with masking tape and one in the door for the lock motor. All you need is the remote controler and a lockmotor and linkage from an older 740 drivers side rear door (see your local "U Pic" junk yard). I bought a "Generic" remote on eBay for less than $50. I found some pins from Radio shack that fit the plugs.

Reply to
VRparts

Thanks for the info! Sounds like a snap.

Is there a way that I can tell which side of the car the lockmotor comes from if it is already pulled when I get to the salvage yard?

Reply to
Don