Basic question on changing time belt on 230F.

I will have to change the timing belt on a 230F soon. From this newsgroup I've determined that the best way to get the crank pulley bolt off is to use a special tool to hold the crank shaft and simply use a jack on the socket handle to jack it up. The only questions I have left are 1) Which way do I have to turn the socket handle to loosen the bolt. Does this bolt get undone by turning anti-clockwise like a normal bolt? and 2) Can somebody in Oz tell me where I can get this special tool (5824?) and roughly how much does it cost?

Thanks.

Reply to
Duong Nguyen

Special tools from the dealer or find a Volvo club near were you live they might have members who have this tool & may be able to assist you perform this repair

Reply to
G Klein

Using a jack on a ratchet is a bit foolish. Get yourself a decent breaker bar, and of course a torque wrench for the tightening bit.

A suitable Craftsman torque wrench is about $20.

- alex

Reply to
Alex Zepeda

Reply to
Ryan

You need to remove the lower part of the timing belt cover, and to do that you need to remove the pulley.

Reply to
Mike F