Bending antenna on wagon

The radio antenna on the top rear of my 240 wagon keeps hitting the door and roof pipes in the parking garage at work. Annoying and I'm concerned it could lead to problems with it. I assume I can bend it backwards so it doesn't bang everytime? Any tricks to doing this without breaking the whip? Thanks.

Reply to
robert.st-louis

There should be a switch with what looks like a chicken foot on it (universal electrical symbol for antenna) somewhere to the left of the steering column. Rock it the opposite way and the antenna should retract so that it doesn't hit in low clearance areas. If it's the non-power whip antenna, no worries it's meant to flex.

Bob

Reply to
User

Never was a power antenna in a 240, you're thinking of the one in a 740 wagon. There's not really a good solution for the 240, when the cars were new, they came with a little wrench that you could put on your keychain and remove the mast.

Reply to
Mike F

Reply to
robert.st-louis