Blinker relay ticking constantly

I have an 89 240 wagon. The blinker relay makes a constant ticking sound at about twice the speed that it ticks when I turn on the blinkers. When I turn on the blinkers or the hazards it ticks at it's normal speed and all the blinker bulbs are working. Any ideas?

Thanks

Danny

Reply to
Danny

"Danny" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Safety belt warner?

Reply to
Johan E

Check the ground from the switch at the steering column and check the ground for the relay on the left side center console brace(under the carpet) test if either was loose. If neither was loose replace the relay.

Bob

Reply to
Robert Dietz

Hi twice the speed usually indicates a blown bulb, if its ticking without being on it could be a faulty relay or maybe a loose wire.

rgds

Peter

Reply to
Peter

"Johan E" skrev i meddelandet news:rWGuc.837$ snipped-for-privacy@newsb.telia.net...

I'd place my money on that too! Check switch on passenger's seat to see if it falsely thinks someone sits there.

Reply to
Andy