Boulder/Denver cruise help?

Hi everyone,

I recently got my '94 940 wagon and i love it so much.

If the cruise worked, the car would just be incredible. I'm looking for someone who could help me figure out/fix the problem.

I'm very inexperienced, but I've read up on here and know that the brake lights and tails work fine (though maybe there could be something wrong with the grounding there). I've tried lifting the brake pedal with my toe, but it doesn't help. I've looked around at the hoses, but I really just don't know enough what i'm looking for, and would love to make sure it's not something silly before I shell out serious dough.

Anyone think they can help?

Post here or drop me an email.

Thanks a lot:)

-Larry

Reply to
Larry

This is what I would look for. The vacuum hoses for the cruise control develop tiny cracks at the fittings. I would check each fitting (about 4 or

Reply to
MaryAnne Olsen

Have you tried pulling up on the back of the brake pedal to see if the brake switch isn't releasing? That's all that was wrong with my 960.

Reply to
L.A.

and...i second the notion to go over the vacuum lines...that was where my problem was...and it caused the cruise control to surge or "hunt" for the set speed....

richard berthoud colorado

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^